WYATT-L Archives

Archiver > WYATT > 2005-03 > 1110744705

From: "JAG" <>
Subject: Re: [WYATT-L] Shelby County Al Wyatts
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:11:45 -0600

Laura Higginbotham and others working this line: Your post, Laura, about
WILLIAM H. WYATT caught my interest since I have a WILLIAM H. WYATT in my
line who is the oldest son of my great great grandfather, JACOB L. WYATT, b.
abt. 1815 VA, s/o Unknown Wyatt born in AL & Unknown mother, born in VA.
Besides the continuing family name of William H. that I am thinking might be
JACOB L. WYATT's father's name since he named his firstborn son that, there
is also a SHELBY WYATT. Here is what I know of my JACOB L. WYATT whose
father was born in AL. I am trying to find out who his parents were and I
thought maybe some of this might coincide with your line.
JACOB L. WYATT, VA, ARK. TO TX. He supposedly lived most of his life on
Pack Saddle Mountain in Llano Co., TX. The 1880 Llano Co., TX census
indicates his father was born in AL & his mother was born in VA. Does any of
this look familiar?

Here are my WYATTs:

First known source of JACOB L. WYATT, b. abt 1815, VA, is in the 1840

Randolph Co., ARK census. Then I find him marrying Miss Margarette Ann Scott

on Aug. 7, 1845 in Yell Co., AR. They are in the 1850 Scott Co., AR census
with

these children:

WILLIAM H. WYATT, b. Aug. 1846 ARK. I find him next in the 1870

Williamson Co., TX census living with the B.M SMART family. He shows to be

a saddler. He married in 1875 to LIDA C. ? and they were in the 1880

Llano Co., TX census with children Roy, Lena Albena, John E. & G.N (Grover
N).

William & Lida are in the Llano Co., TX census up through the 1910.

MARY M. WYATT, b. Apr 22, 1848, ARK, m. JAMES ANDREW HASTY on June 14, 1866

and is buried beside him in Hoover's Valley Cem., Burnet Co., TX. Mary's
father, Jacob L. Wyatt, is buried close to Mary in the Hasty family plot.
Mary & James had at least these children: Margaret, b.

abt. 1868; Louise, b. abt 1871; George, b. abt 1873; Lizzie, b. abt. 1877 &

Ida Ola, b. aft. 1880.

COLLIN DENNIS WYATT, b. May 9, 1850, Scott Co., AR. I have not found him

again until he was in Florence, Williamson Co., TX running a saddle &

harness shop by 1870, married NANCY RUHAMA MARRS on Jan 11, 1872, in
Williamson

Co., TX where they had 13 children: Alice, John H., Cora Emma, Arrora

Xenxene, Susie Belle, Collin D., Jr., Ollie Mary, James Knight, Charles

Hugh, Romeo, Floyd Mance, Shelby Osa & Annie Cecil. Collin Dennis & Nancy

were still in Williamson Co. in the 1880 census and in Burnet Co., TX by the

1910 census. They moved to Lampasas, Tx., abt. 1920 where he d. Oct. 12,

1943, in the home of his oldest child, Alice Wyatt Barber. Collin & Nancy

(Marrs) Wyatt are buried in Oak Hill Cem., Lampasas, Tx.

*There is another son named FRANCES M. WYATT, b. January 1853 in TX and
married abt. 1875 to Rebecca Elizabeth Wright, b. July 18, 1854, TX & died
1919. Since Frances called "Frank" was born 3 years before the marriage of
Jacob

to #2 wife, Eliza J. Williams, Margarett Ann Scott should be Frank's mother.
She was born in IL., if the 1850 Scott Co., AR., census is correct. Frank &
his wife are in the 1880 Llano Co., TX. Census. Then they are in the 1900
Schleicher Co., TX Census where he owns a ranch and raises stock. The 1900
census shows these children: Loriana, b. April 1878 TX. The 1880 Llano Co.,
TX Census shows Janie, b. abt. 1877 TX; Emma, b. abt. 1878 TX & John b. abt.
1879 TX. The 1900 Schleicher Co., TX Census further shows additional
children: William, b. Jan. 1880 TX; May, b. Dec. 1881 TX; Walter, b. Feb.
1886 TX; Lela, b. Dec. 1887 TX; Jacob, b. Oct. 1889 TX & Heber, Oct. 1896
TX.

**I found JACOB L. WYATT marrying #2 wife, MISS ELIZA J. WILLIAMS, on Mar.
27, 1856 in Bell Co., TX.

*I have not found them on the 1860 or 1870 census but they are on the 1880

Llano Co., TX census with sons Daniel, b. abt. 1857 in TX and George W., b.

abt. 1861 in TX. Eliza is on the 1850 Williamson Co., TX census with her

mother, MARGARET (UNKNOWN) WILLIAMS, 39, b. abt. 1811 AL, no father listed,

and the following siblings:

Jesse, m, 17, b. abt 1833, TN

Mason, m, 16, b. abt 1834, TN (twin, don't think he ever married)

Vincent, m, 16, b. abt. 1834, TN (twin, don't think he ever married)

Geo. W., m, 13, b. abt. 1837, ARK

Elisabeth, f, 7, b. abt. 1843, ARK

Electa, f, 7/12, b. Feb 1850, TX, sometimes written as "Selecta Jane", marr.

JAMES BUCHANAN MITCHELTREE Aug. 1866 in Denton, TX.

***I am trying to locate parents and siblings of JACOB L. WYATT and his #1

wife, MARGARETTE ANN SCOTT and descendants of the parents/siblings. I would

also like to locate descendants of #2 wife, ELIZA J. WILLIAMS, siblings and

she & JACOB's children, Daniel & George W. WYATT. I also need to know her

mother's maiden name and her father's given name, i.e. UNKNOWN WILLIAMS, b.
KY

and MARGARET UNKNOWN, b. AL.

Are any of you working any of these lines? I will be happy to share what

information I have.

Thanks, Lynda Wyatt Green