WYATT-L ArchivesArchiver > WYATT > 2006-10 > 1162273798
From: "steven perkins" <>
Subject: [WYATT] Haute to Edward to Conquest
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:49:58 -0600
Here is what I have on the children and grand and great-grand children
of Rev Haute Wyatt through his son Edward. Let me know of any
documented info on them and their descendants. Several descendants or
their wives wrote to the Wyatt family in England in the 1600s and the
early 1700s. I consider them to have the best claim to being
descendants of Rev Haute. As far as I know, there is no official
document that identifies his descendants in America except for these
letters. The letters are in the library of Lord Rawdon at Allington
Castle, whose family was the heir to the English Wyatts. In the
American Revolution, a Lord Rawdon was one of the English commanders
in the Carolinas.
1) Rev Haute Wyatt married  Elizabeth Mitford, had 2) Edward b
1619, 3) George b?, 4) Thomas b?; Haute married  Ann Cox, had 5)
John b 1630, 6) Ann b?
2) Edward Wyatt b 1619, d 1670 at plantation "Boxley", Gloucester Co.,
VA. Plantation split into 3 parts. Married 1644, Jane Conquest, b
1622 d 1698. They had 7) Conquest.
7) Conquest Wyatt, b 1645, d 1720. Married abt 1669, Sallie Pate b
1650, d 1750, dau of Col Thomas Pate of Petsworth Parish. They had:
8) Francis, 9) Conquest, 10) James, 11) Capt. Edward; 12) Capt John.
8) Francis Wyatt, 1670-1730, of Gloucester and Spotsylvania Cos VA.
He married Ann Elizabeth Kennon. She wrote to Wyatts in England in
They had 7 children:
John d 1736, no children;
Francis 1717-1761, married Lucy;
William, b 1720 he moved to Liverpool, Eng;
Edward, never married?;
Thomas, married Suky and had land in Essex and Spotsylvania Cos, VA;
Ann, she married John Thruston, moved from Gloucester to Spotsylvania Co.;
Elizabeth, she married  Samuel Coleman,  Col William Johnston of
Spotsylvnia Co., VA.
9) Conquest, 1672-1745, he married  Nancy Sayre,  Margaret
Gaines. They wrote to the Wyatt family in England. Children?
10) James, 1674-1744. He married  Grace Newton and  Margaret ?.
Moved to Prince William Co., VA by 1728. Letter from Margaret to
Wyatts in England said he had 8 children. There is a record in
Westmoreland Co. for education expenses for a son and a daughter.
What were the children's names?
11) Capt. Edward Wyatt, 1677-1750. He married  1705, Frances
Newton, dau of John Newton and Mary Allerton. Mary Allerton descends
from William Brewster of the Marflower. He married  Margaret
12) Capt John Wyatt, 1683-1766. He married Elizabeth Buckner, lived at
Steven C. Perkins
Steven C. Perkins
On-Line Journal of Genetics and Genealogy
|[WYATT] Haute to Edward to Conquest by "steven perkins" <>|