Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-G-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-G > 2008-11 > 1225746263

From: <>
Subject: [Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-G] (no subject)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 13:04:23 -0800

am posting with his permission this e-mail received from Mr. Mason. Normally the family research of G persons does not have much utility in understanding deeper ancestry. Our correspondent suggests a possible migration route in the Middle Ages for his G1 Jewish group. We have somewhat confirmatory DNA evidence for migrations of the G2c* and G2a3* DYS388=13 groups from Sicily and the Caucasus Mtns. respectively by the presence of similar samples in those 2 areas. Here a similar G1 sample from today's Spain would serve the same purpose. Even when a large migration takes place, usually there are a few persons with similar DNA left behind. Unfortunately we have only a few G1 samples so far.

Ray Banks