Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2007-05 > 1178668974

From: John Weaver <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-HG-I] Books shedding light on hg I's history and culture
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:02:54 -0700 (PDT)

Bryan,

Hello! I hope all is well with you.

I am writing to thank you again for your suggestions about pertinent reading material on genetics and genealogy. I just finished Before the Dawn by Nicholas Wade and was very impressed. I thought the last two chapters were not up to the standard of the rest of the book, but overall it's a great overview of the subject. Now I can finish the Selfish Gene, while I wait for After the Ice: A Global Human History 20,000-5000 BC. (You can tell I have a lot of time on my hands!)

Anyway, thanks gain for your response to my original e-mail. You were the only one on the List that had any suggestions. I can't understand how people can be so wrapped up in researching their DNA and not be interested in putting what they learn into historical context.

Sincerely,
John Weaver
Kit Number: N42207
yDNA: I1a-T
mtDNA: V
Waiting for: DYS462, Y-Refine37to67, Kittler