Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2007-08 > 1188510116

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [DNA-HG-I] How to read Ken's "Founder Haplotypes" spreadsheet?
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:41:56 -0600

You are a relative of a Driscoll with 67 markers who is in one of the clades
of I1b1-Isles in my research database. This clade of I1b1 parted ways with
I1b1-Dinaric of Eastern Europe many, many thousands years ago. I1b1-Isles
stands a good chance to be among the original post-LGM inhabitants of the
British Isles, and especially the island of Ireland.

All the problems you go over below in your message seem based on an
escessive dependence on out-dated or simply incorrect authorities. Rootsi
et al, for example, did not take a single ydna sample from the British
Isles. So how could they find a clade of I1b1 which resides almost totally
in the British Isles. They missed finding any M284+ I1b2a1 for the same
reason.

And Oppenheimer's stuff is just for selling books; I don't take it seriously
because he concludes way too much from way too short haplotypes.

Your 12 at DYS454 coupled with 19 at YCAIIa are the most dramatic indicators
of where your haplotype belongs.

Ken