Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2007-10 > 1191375728

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA-HG-I] Kittler Order --- 2 Extremes
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 19:42:08 -0600

Today a number of Kittler order results were delivered to folks for DYS385. Two clades in haplogroup I show the extremes of what can happen.

I now have three Kittler orders reported in I1b1-Dinaric --- a quite young clade from Eastern Europe. All are low/high Kittler ordered. Because of the youth of this clade I expect I1b1-Dinaric to be almost pure low/high

And then there is the tiny little M227+ sub-haplogroup I1a1. 5 Kittler ordered results are in for this tiny population. There is a 14-15(K) and a 15-14(K). There is a 14-13(K) and two 13-14(K) The phylogenetic history of this (old) clade should be very interesting when the smoke clears.

Except for generic I1a-AS which is overwhelmingly high/low, I find that the Kittler test is quite interesting in showing further clade divisions throughout most all of y-haplogroup I. This is because DYS385 norms are so often at or very close to equal repeat lengths for the two copies in haplogroup I.

For such an inexpensive test, I urge most all members of haplogroup I to do this test.

Ken

This thread: