Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2007-10 > 1192848538

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [DNA-HG-I] I1b1-Isles and P41 SNP
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 20:48:58 -0600

I checked all messages and learned that the ONE known P41+ dna sample was from Britain. P41+ establishes a sub-haplogroup of I1b1 and is of course also P37.2+.

Since those olden days I have collected a robust clade called I1b1-Isles based on extended haplotype STR motifs. I1b1-Isles comes in 2 or 3 varieties, in fact.

My records show no I1b1-Isles haplotypes with P41 SNP test results. This could be an error of omission on my part.

If you have been identified as I1b1-Isles and have had a P41 test I'd like to know about your result.

Otherwise, I am looking for volunteers who are I1b1-Isles and might order the P41 SNP test from Ethnoancestry.

See http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net excel spreadsheet of founder haplotypes in haplogroup I for the I1b1-Isles modal values.

Ken Northwaite

This thread: