Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2007-12 > 1197760286

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Dinaric I1b1 Variance
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:11:26 -0700

I have some old variance measurements made for many of the clades of haplogroup I. They are shown in a column labeled "ASD" to the right of the founder haplotypes in my excel spreadsheet of founder haplotypes at http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net

In an earlier thread I was talking about how young I1b1-Dinaric looked to me. This is the I1b1 of Eastern Europe. I see that I did a variance measurement on this clade in the past. It was .65 compared to a variance for I1a-AS which was set to 1 as the standard. These ASD numbers are actually the sum of variances obtained for some select set of STR markers.

Simplest interpretation is that I1b1-Dinaric has an expansion age which is 65 percent that of I1a. I estimate the latter to be 5500 years. That would make the age for I1b1-Dinaric to be only 3600 years.

There's lots more data now and for more markers. It's time for new variance measurements for our clades.

Ken

This thread: