Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-02 > 1202346146

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] M423 and P37
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 18:02:26 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralph J. Games" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] M423

> Ken I spent time on GOOGLE a lot on Underhill but nothing that I could
> find
> relating to M423.
> Ralph

Its pretty stealthy. But I spent a couple hours and reconstructed what is
known. It could be an interesting SNP for P37+ folks. It may separate
Dinaric from Isles and from Western, and in the best of all possible world
separate one part of Dinaric from another.

M423 is ancestral for M26+ (Sardinian) and positive for a dozen Dinaric P37+
haplotypes from Greece.

It was discovered in Underhill's lab at Stanford.

We have to find out if it can be brought to market. Ironic that this all
happens day after I try to give a "P37+ story".

Ken

This thread: