Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-02 > 1202500126

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] M423 Placed in my I Tree
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:48:46 -0700

Because it is such an interesting development, I have placed M423, a SNP downstream of P37, into my warpedfounderstree (powerpoint version) with arrows pointing to the two options for its probable occurence. Go to http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net

You can see in one possibility that it would separate I1b1-Dinaric from both I1b1-Western and I1b1-Isles.

In another possible location it would separate I1b1-Dinaric and I1b1-Isles from I1b1-Western, but not separate Dinaric from Isles.

There are two very low probability possibilities in my view. It could be so far upstream as to not separate any of the three clades of I1b1. I1b1-Western could actually branch off a little later than I1b1-Sardinian --- the error bars for such a tree can not rule that out, and then M423 mutation could have occured in the short piece of branch line downstream of Sardinian's branch off but upstream of Western's branch off. Or M423 could be so far downstream as to separate I1b1-Dinaric into two parts --- a division which is derived and a division which is ancestral.

What we know for sure is that I1b1-Sardinian branched off BEFORE M423 took place and is ancestral for the SNP.

Let's all cross our fingers that the new SNP makes its way to availability to P37.2+ customers.

Ken

This thread: