Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-02 > 1203804129

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] My Website Update
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:02:09 -0700

At my website http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net I have updated my SNP Tree for Haplogroup I, and the warpedfounderstree.

The SNP Tree nomenclature has been drastically altered to take into account the downgrading of P38 to equivalence with M170, etc. And I have added the proven new SNP M423 to the downstream-of-P37.2 part of the tree.

Some tests are underway for M423 which will pin down that new SNP's location with respect to the various clades downstream of P37.2+

The new nomenclature which will soon hit much of the y-tree is going to make communication almost impossible because of the inertia of older nomenclatures hanging in there. I, personally, am going to try hard to start using the appropriate downstream SNP names as haplogroup names from now on.

Ken

This thread: