Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-03 > 1204653261

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Ancient Asterix for P37.2+* - Western Clade
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 10:54:21 -0700

Last time I checked Ethnoancestry had two Dinaric I1b1 and two Isles I1b1 haplotypes testing for M423. But I believe the clade which really gets peeled off with M423 will be Western I1b1 clade. When the smoke clears I expect Western I1b1 to become I1b1*, gaining the ancient asterix and reflecting it's branching off from the rest of I1b1 before the last glacial maximum.

Western I1b1 (P37.2+) has

15 at DYS388
18 at DYS448
10 at DYS607

among other identifying markers. We need a Western I1b1 to test for M423 at Ethnoancestry.

Ken

This thread: