Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-03 > 1206470398

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] M423 SPLITS P37.2+ Robustly
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:39:58 -0600

The first four results are in for the new SNP M423. It robustly splits P37.2+ I1b1 haplogroup.

An I1b1-Dinaric haplotype of Eastern Europe was found derived, M423+

Two I1b1-Western haplotypes of Western Europe were found ancestral, M423-

One I1b1-Isles (from a strange French? clade thereof) haplotype was found ancestral, M423-

Previously, a book chapter paper on y haplogroup I by Underhill, Myres, et al found all P37.2+ haplotypes they tested as derived for M423. All but two of their collection were from Eastern Europe and probably Dinaric I1b1. That same paper found M26+ Sardinian subhaplogroup as ancestral for M423.

There are a few more P37.2+ haplotypes whose ordered test results should be added soon.

Based on all information, I have put the M423 SNP in its proper location on a particular branch of my warpedfounderstree found in the website. The red colored portion of the I Tree is the portion of the tree downstream from P37.2 SNP.

http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net

Ken

This thread: