Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-03 > 1207005766

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] First M161+
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:22:46 -0600

Ana of the Puerto Rico project sent me the first reported M161+ haplotype I have seen in over four years in the hobby. They exist!

M161+ is a subhaplogroup of M26+, which in turn is the subhaplogroup of P37.2+ which reaches 35 percent of the male population in parts of Sardinia, is solid in Iberia and central Italy, but also seems to have come north in small amounts along the Atlantic seaboard with R1b1c after the LGM.

Unfortunately, the 37 markers for this haplotype gave me no clues as to any distinquishing features from the decent number of "just" M26+ haplotypes I have in my collection. Maybe if this haplotype were extended to 67 markers something might pop out?

If anyone else has been reported M161+ and is going around incognito, please let's hear from you.

Ken

This thread: