Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-05 > 1210977949

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Pinpointing M423 in I Tree
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:45:49 -0600

I just got the last two research SNP test results for M423 back from Genetree. I want to thank Genetree and the folks at SMGF who helped set up this project for their roles in learning more about the M423 SNP which is downstream of P37.2. This SNP was introduced to the public in the late 2007 book chapter paper by Underhill, Myres et al "New Phylogenetic Relationships for Y-Chromosome Haplogroup I: Reappraising its Phylogeography and Prehistory."

It seems that both P37.2-Dinaric and P37.2-Isles are derived (positive) for M423, while P37.2-Western is ancestral (negative). And furthermore, two members of a very tiny clade P37.2-F (F for France) are ancestral. But P37.2-F seems closest to Isles in genetic distance in comparison to distance from Dinaric and Western. I don't have a total tabulation of P37.2-F genetic distances yet because I only have one member of this clade with the 38-67 panel of markers, and my standard of comparison includes those markers.

But in any event, I invite you to look at the warpedfounderstree at http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net and specifically at the red colored part of the tree which is downstream of P37.2 You will see the introduction of the P37.2-F clade branch line and M423 bracketed between its branch line and the slightly later one leading to the Isles clades.

General orders for M423 are available to customers from Ethnoancestry who also supplied so far a couple M423 derived results for folks from different clades of P37.2-Isles

Ken

This thread: