Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-05 > 1211058850

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Nice MRCA Problem
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 15:14:10 -0600

The Lichtenstein cave ydna haplotypes show three from the new S23+(xM223) I2b* (ISOGG 2008) tree

On 10 marker haplotypes there look to be, parsimoniously thinking, 3 mutational events. A nice little problem would be to find the most likely tree of the three back to their MRCA along with the time depth to single additional node in the tree. I hope someone else will try this as it will be 90 degrees F here tomorrow. These three ancients found in the same cave burial complex of about 3000 years ago were most likely not immediate relatives --- though that is improbably possible.

This thread: