Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2008-05 > 1211303899

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] R ydna sweeps the H world?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 11:18:19 -0600

Now there's a mechanism to explain how S28 and S21 ydna, having such a recent MRCA as I found in initial examination, could so quickly sweep western Europe as some say it has done. Dienekes has a paper saying R ydna combined with H CRS female mtdna is more fertile than I ydna combined with H CRS female mtdna. At least that's how I read his abstract.

This could explain the relative decline of all that early S23+/M223- I in north west Europe as suggested by the Lichtenstein cave data.

I hope someone will read the paper and give the list a down-to-earth summary of its conclusions on this.

This thread: