Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-01 > 1232650727

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Age of "Sardinian" M26
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:58:47 -0700

I found a hoard of new haplotypes to add to my "I" database. This is useful for the lesser populated clades, particularly.

The biggest impression is that M26+ I2a1 is remaining incredibly old as measured by variance. And the M26+ collection is not dominated by Iberian or Sardinian representatives. France is strong and elsewhere on the Atlantic seaboard of Europe. Also Italy.

I have to conclude M26+ I2a1 is involved in the early post-LGM repopulation of extreme western Europe.

The other thing I note is how very young I2a2-Dinaric M423+ S163+ of Eastern Europe remains as a population, even though it is spread north to south over a long range --- Baltic states down to Balkans

Ken

This thread: