Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-01 > 1233257612

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Is I2a1 Oldest Clade in Western Europe?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:33:32 -0700

I'd like to do a head to head variance age estimate of I2a1 M26+ Sardinian against any other well constituted clade found mainly in Western Europe. I suspect M26+ is the oldest clade we have?

Any candidates?

M26+ has been called "Sardinian" because it reaches such a super high frequency in parts of Sardinia. Some don't like this name because of the broad distribution of M26+ along the Atlantic seaboard of Europe. But I've been to Sardinia, and it is wonderful. And no other name will catch peoples' eyes like "Sardinian".

Ken

This thread: