Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-02 > 1235880675

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] A French clade of M26+
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 21:11:15 -0700

It sure helps to get an influx of a couple thousand new haplotypes, albeit shorter than one would want. New clades within Haplogroup I are peeping up above the noise level. An interesting new one is a clade of M26+ with a distinct French flavor to it. M26+ has been called "Sardinian" because a bunch of it is found on that Mediterranean island, but this extremely old clade seems to have moved up the Atlantic seaboard and also into the British Isles soon after the end of the LGM

This M26-F clade has the following modalities which differ from the bulk of M26+

DYS19 = 17
DYS391 = 9
DYS442 = 13
DYS447 = 24
DYS439 = 12/13
DYS461 = 23/13

Not often do we find clades whose hotspot seems to be France, but here's one.

These M26 haplotypes have the standard 11 at YCAa which must have been the result of a massive deletion at this STR between 10 and 20 thousand years ago.

Ken

This thread: