Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-03 > 1237589082

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] I2a / I2 snp search project is a GO
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:44:42 -0600

A number of you in the I2a and I2 sector of the Y tree offered to contribute funds to our search through 100,000 Y sites for a new snp. The project is DEFINATELY on and underway. You can learn of your payment options into the fund at the website

http://www.familytreedna.com/group-general-fund-contribution.aspx

The administrator of funds will be Bill Morrow, chief administrator of the I2a project.

Fund name "I2a / I2* search fund"

The initial project will compare dna from an I2a2-Isles-D clade person and an I2* haplogroup person to find differences (polymorphisms) representing new snps on the Y tree branch track between them. But their data will be available to be compared to future folks in haplogroup I which under certain circumstances could lead to further discovered snps in haplogroup I.

Bill or I can answer any questions which have not been answered in our messages of the last 2 or 3 days in putting this together. Thank you to all who are contributing to this project. Happy snp hunting here we go --- whether the British Parliament bans hunting or not!

Ken

This thread: