Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-03 > 1237589082

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] I2a / I2 snp search project is a GO
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:44:42 -0600

A number of you in the I2a and I2 sector of the Y tree offered to contribute funds to our search through 100,000 Y sites for a new snp. The project is DEFINATELY on and underway. You can learn of your payment options into the fund at the website

The administrator of funds will be Bill Morrow, chief administrator of the I2a project.

Fund name "I2a / I2* search fund"

The initial project will compare dna from an I2a2-Isles-D clade person and an I2* haplogroup person to find differences (polymorphisms) representing new snps on the Y tree branch track between them. But their data will be available to be compared to future folks in haplogroup I which under certain circumstances could lead to further discovered snps in haplogroup I.

Bill or I can answer any questions which have not been answered in our messages of the last 2 or 3 days in putting this together. Thank you to all who are contributing to this project. Happy snp hunting here we go --- whether the British Parliament bans hunting or not!

This thread: