Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-04 > 1238867796

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] I2a2-Isles Clades Divide Again
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 11:56:36 -0600

There have been four I2a2-Isles M423+ L69- clades for some time, one being clearly older than the other three, and all having strong affinity to Ireland. Due to more haplotypes found from another database, I can clearly divide each of those four clades, A,B,C,D, into two parts giving A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2,D1,D2 clades of I2a2-Isles

As clades get younger there is less noise to obscure key shifts on two or three defining clade markers. I believe I can see in these divisions differences between the Irish fraction versus rest of British Isles, but this needs confirming by more detailed checking.

These new founder haplotypes can be seen at http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net and file FounderHaps.xls which has the inferred founding haplotypes for all the clades in haplogroup I

Ken

This thread: