Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-04 > 1239031409

From: "Wil Husted" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Surprise!
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:23:29 -0600

M26ers,

Being chronologically challenged and showing it, I mistakenly sent an application for the I2a/I2* Walk project to Thomas Krahn along with a plea to be accepted for the test program. I spent the weekend at a conference in Cody, WY, and upon return Sunday, found a test kit from FTDNA for what appears to be my own I2a1 Walk program. I'm assuming that FTDNA considers M26 of such great and critical importance that they can't afford to miss an opportunity for the SNP search (joke). Either that or they can't afford to pass-up 750 bucks ('nuther joke).

So, in five to seven weeks, we may have a revealing new SNP for the M26 tribe. On the other hand, we may come up empty! The test kit goes back to Houston in today's mail.

Wil Husted

This thread: