Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-06 > 1243905777

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Updated Haplogroup I Tree
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 19:22:57 -0600

I have updated my "warpedfounderstree" for haplogroup I which can be seen at

http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net

In the red portion of the tree, the actual temporal order in which I2a1 and I2a2 branch lines leave I2a branch line can not right now be determined with much confidence. Maybe the walk the y project will find an snp to resolve that, although chances are slim to find an snp in just that needed small region of the tree.

Note the long branch line leading to the clades of I2* which do not presently have an snp. The I2/I2a2 walk the y project stands a good chance of finding a snp somewhere along this branch line. It could possibly shed light on the breakup of the branches going to the several clades of I2*

In the green portion of the tree, basically the M223+ downstream bush, another walk the y project will hopefully find one or more new snps which will help determine the order of the branchings there. But note the new haplogroup I2b1a1 for the Scot clade of M284+, separating it from the English clade of M284+ I2b1a*.

The estimated times between the nodes of this tree have been estimated using adjusted genetic distances (GDs) between the founding haplotypes of the various clades of haplogroup I. This tree should be redone using interclade variances between the various clade haplotype collections, although from preliminary work done of this kind I don't expect major changes in the tree time scales.

Ken

This thread: