Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-06 > 1245771571

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I Digest, Vol 4, Issue 347
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:39:31 -0600

Confluence? Do you mean TMRCA?

Given the margin of error on these things I see no reason to change the
approximate 4000 years ago as the TMRCA for I1 as a whole.

Why this is such a difficult divide to study in I1-AS is because DYS447 and
DYS464d are not among the slow mutators. So there is lots of noise in the
data. I'm looking for other corroborative STR differences --- some are
there --- but they are not strong. I think geography may be a better
marker, but getting the internal locations in England and Germany of the
haplotype origins is a big effort. England and Germany as wholes is not
cutting the geography fine enough.

Ken