Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2009-08 > 1249676280

From: "O. W. Odom" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] My I1* WTY results
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:18:00 -0500

Dear List,

I just received my WTY results from FTDNA and haven't had time to digest
much of it, but the bottom line seems to be that they found 2 new SNP's in
my I1* sample, which Thomas is naming L186 and L187.

L186 is a deletion at Y-chromosome position 16,586,687 and L187 has T at
Y-chromosome position 16,586,691. (Interesting that these are only 4
positions apart.)I assume that Thomas has compared my sample with the
complete I1* sequence which he mentioned a few months ago and has on the
FTDNA Y-chromosome database. If so, it would seem that this reference
sample is L186- and L187-, and that these SNP's are splitting I1*! Thomas,
if this is incorrect please advise us of this.

Aaron should be getting a copy of my results, but I just wanted to announce
them before he steals my thunder! I must say I am very impressed with the
mountain of data and the beautiful job Thomas and colleagues have done with
the annotation.

Obed

This thread: