Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-04 > 1270910855

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Russian I2a2a-Dinaric characteristics
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:01:14 -0600

The rather young I2a2a-Dinaric in eastern Europe has proven to be quite uniform throughout the region in the exception of a glut of DYS19 = 14 haplotypes from the Croatia area.
There does seem a hint of division between the north end of this haplogroup's range and south end based on DYS448, with 20 associating with the north and 19 with the south. But in the western reaches of eastern Europe there is much mixture.

A 2007 paper by an author group associated with YHRD database gathered 500 y haplotypes spread around core European Russia (Baltic countries, Belarus, Ukraine, and Caucasus were excluded). Most southerly part of Russia sampled was 52 degrees north latitude.

In the process of studying the haplogroup I representatives of this data, I isolated I2a2a-Dinaric haplotypes. There were slightly over 50 of them. Two clear trends in these 50 representatives of I2a2a-Dinaric set the set apart from the haplogroup in general.

The Russian I2a2a-Dinaric was much leaner in DYS448 = 19 than the overall haplogroup population.
The Russian I2a2a-Dinaric was much leaner in DYS19 = 15 than the overall haplogroup population. (The Russian set had no DYS19 = 14 members)

A few days ago I mentioned that perhaps the DYS19 = 14 I2a2a-Dinaric may be tagged by the DYS640 = 12 (instead of 11), with DYS640 being a very slow mutator.

This thread: