Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-06 > 1276354330

From: Wilfred Husted <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] Age of I2a1 n' stuff
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 08:52:10 -0600

Hello List,

I need a break from the flood of I1 stuff and Dora's inability to subscribe to the Haplogroup I list.

Dora, send an e-mail to and type Subscribe in the subject line and body of the message. This should get you in.

I have a question for Ken Nordtvedt.

Ken, I just downloaded and printed your latest Rescaled Haplogroup I Tree. The arrowhead for I2a1 is at approximately 9,000-8,500 years ago. In one of our recent private mailings you told me:

"I don't think I have tmrcas for various clades of I2a1 as old as 9000 years. I thought they were more like 6000 years?

I do seem to have a pretty old split between L160+ and L160- population. I'll look at that again."

Have you had a chance to look at the L160+ - L160- again?

As we've talked about before, on the basis of circumstantial evidence, I suspect that I2a1 is considerably older than 6,000 years. Of course, I can't prove it but consider it well worth investigating.