Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-08 > 1282926282

From: Bernie Cullen <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] update to ISOGG I2a tree
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:24:42 -0600

The ISOGG haplogroup I is now completely up to date as far as I2a is
concerned:
http://isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpI.html

The biggest change is the addition of L233. The group formerly known as
I2a*-Western is now I-L233, or I2a3. There are two groups which are P37.2+
but ancestral for all downstream SNPs (M26, M423 and L233), and remain I2a*
for now. One of these has been known for some time (I2a*-F or I2a*-France),
and the other is closely related to "Western", Ken Nordtvedt calls this
group I2a*-Alpine.

The latest ISOGG tree also corrects the placement of M161, it is below L160.
M161+ is a very small group (only one is known to the I2a project at FTDNA),
as is P41.2+ (none known by us).

I have drawn up my own tree which includes Ken's subclade names and my
attempt to display his age estimates, it's at
http://cullengene.blogspot.com/2010/08/updated-haplogroup-i2a-tree.html

Bernie

This thread: