Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-10 > 1288279563

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] "Empty" Haplogroup I2a2* filled in?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:26:03 -0600

A tight cluster of three haplotypes seems to be now filling the hitherto empty y haplogroup I2a2*; one of its members tested M423+ but another just given a L161- result. A request is being made to recheck that latter result, but the cluster does show a rare low 13 repeats at DYS19 and an unusual 19 at DYS448. Unfortunately, none of the three have yet done the 38-67 panel. These three hail from Germany (2) and Poland. Prior to the L161- result being handed out, the three had been placed in the I2a2b-B clade which is very old, diverse and ragged (subject to further subdivision).

An L178 test for this cluster is called for if the L161- holds up. L178 is presently phylogenetically equivalent to M423.

This thread: