Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-11 > 1288642462

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] updated warped founders tree
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 14:14:22 -0600

At my website http://knordtvedt.home.bresnan.net I have updated my warpedfounders tree for y haplogroup I. Not much has changed --- new snps isolating substantial populations are rarely found for y haplogroup I. I'll leave explanations to others.

There is a new clade of I2* whose ancestral line branch off point looks quite ancient. It is called I2*-ADR and is found mainly on the two coasts of the Adriatic Sea.

There is new apparent haplogroup I2a2*. But like yesterday's questionable calls in the NFL which required video review, and some election results tomorrow which will have the inevitable demands for recounts, we have asked the testing company to recheck a couple L161- snp results which they recently reported. One of them for sure looks like a normal L161+ guy?

Ken

This thread: