Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-12 > 1292517835

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] M26+ I2a1 Oldest Clade
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 09:43:55 -0700

I am finding M26+ I2a1 decisively the oldest clade of haplogroup I still present in Eurasia --- perhaps 8000 years old.

While showing many small clusters, there are no very strong cleavages in its haplotype population, indicating that its full tree probably shows bushy branching going all the way back to its initial branching 8000 years ago. This haplogroup seems to have originated somewhere between Iberia and Italy, with of course the famous super hotspot in the highlands of Sardinia.
But it has moved up the Atlantic seaboard and into British Isles in good numbers and probably very very early.

I'd be interested in any clade found in other haplogroups for which it looks like it has a bushy tree structure going back as far as 8000 years ago? Perhaps in J haplogroup?

Ken

This thread: