Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-12 > 1293067546

From: "Ken Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] CORRECTED I2a1 M26+ Age by Region
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:25:46 -0700

>>> Some CORRECTED regional results for TMRCA estimates for I2a1 M26+
Hiding in my spreadsheet were some DYS442 values not corrected for 5 repeats
in the inter-lab conversion --- drats!
Incidently, that's one of the reasons I put the individual STR mutation
rates into Generations5 --- so one can check individual STR variances
against their rates.
The other reason is that when I zap out a column because i don't want to
include the STR, the STR's mutation rate gets zapped from the sum of rates.

M26+ expansion up the Atlantic seaboard looks like it was fast and/or
massive.

>>> Iberia: 6150 years
>>> British Isles 6300 years
>>> France 6100 years
>>> Continent(xIberia, France and Italy) 5250 years
>>> Italy (including Sardinia) 2700 years

This thread: