Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2010-12 > 1293118541

From: Aaron Casillas <>
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I2a1 M26+ Age by Region
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 07:35:41 -0800 (PST)
References: <002201cba22e$6a0e52b0$c2482dae@Ken1>, ,<AANLkTinN+8ewO-xQyPAQ0xxKDekRXR7iv4D6LRcEbmV+@mail.gmail.com>, ,<004601cba233$760aeb50$c2482dae@Ken1>,<SNT131-w205CD5965A94DDFC6DE77ADD1C0@phx.gbl>,<002401cba26a$80629ad0$c2482dae@Ken1><SNT131-w43B1463ACD5B172786F331DD1C0@phx.gbl>
In-Reply-To: <SNT131-w43B1463ACD5B172786F331DD1C0@phx.gbl>

Great Gen Vectors regarding Genome-wide structures of Jews.  Seems you're always
going to have a higher chance of being related to your neighbor:) "the girl next
door" phenomena"

________________________________
From: Joe Rondinella <>
Sent: Wed, December 22, 2010 10:52:39 PM
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I2a1 M26+ Age by Region

Here is one of many articles

"Middle Eastern Jews and European Jews, were timed to have diverged from each
other approximately 2500 years ago. Southern European populations show the
greatest proximity to Ashkenazi, Sephardic and Italian Jews, reflecting the
large-scale southern European conversion and admixture known to have occurred
over 2,000 years ago during the formation of the European Jewry. "

> From:
> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:27:38 -0700
> Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I2a1 M26+ Age by Region
> I think you are on to something. We must figure out how to flesh out your
> idea.
> Ken
> From: "Joe Rondinella" <>
> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:12 PM
> Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I2a1 M26+ Age by Region
> > I have my own theory (and its just a theory!!). My roots are Southern
> > Italian and I participated in the FTDNA Family Friend Finder and tested
> > 88% Jewish. Many other S Italians who participated also have similiar
> > results and it is widely reported about the close genetic similiarity
> > between S Italians and Jews.
> > There was a mass exodus of Sephardic Jews from Spain in the 1400's due to
> > the Inquisition. I think M26 came into S Italy from this source. Therefore
> > the pool of M26 might have been from a small confined area in Spain where
> > the Sephardic Jews inhabited which is why we may see low variance in the
> > samples.
> >> From:
> >> To:
> >> Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:53:38 -0700
> >> Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I2a1 M26+ Age by Region
> >>
> >> The Italian collection is larger than the Sardinian collection in my
> >> database; and Italy by itself is also very young. I'd guess it is due to
> >> immigration into Italy during the Empire days. But more Italian data
> >> would
> >> be desirable. No Italians show the 9 at DYs391.
> >>
> >>
> >> ----- Original Message -----
> >> From: "Bernie Cullen" <>
> >> To: <>
> >> Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 4:42 PM
> >> Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I2a1 M26+ Age by Region
> >>
> >>
> >> > You can't have many extended haplotypes for Italy/Sardinia to use in
> >> > your
> >> > estimates, I only know of a handful.
> >> >
> >> > Last year you calculated an age of 5000 for I2a1 M26+ in Sardinia based
> >> > on
> >> > 55 8-marker haplotypes in the Contu paper. I guess you didn't use these
> >> > in
> >> > your current calculations?
> >> >
> >> > Here's a link to what you wrote last year:
> >> >
>http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I/2009-08/1250821491
> >> >
> >> > Bernie
> >> >
> >> > On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Ken Nordtvedt
> >> > <>wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> Some regional results for TMRCA estimates for I2a1 M26+
> >> >>
> >> >> Iberia: 7500 years
> >> >> British Isles 6500 years
> >> >> France 6000 years
> >> >> Continent(xIberia, France and Italy) 5000 years
> >> >> Italy (including Sardinia) 2700 years
> >> >>
> >> >> Italy is the surprising TMRCA to me.
> >> >>
> >> >> -------------------------------
> >> >> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> >> >> with the word 'unsubscribe'
> >> >> without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> > -------------------------------
> >> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> >> > with the word 'unsubscribe'
> >> > without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> -------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> >> with the word 'unsubscribe'
> >> without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> > -------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> > with the word 'unsubscribe'
> > without the quotes in the subject and the body of the message
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>quotes in the subject and the body of the message

-------------------------------
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
quotes in the subject and the body of the message