Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2011-01 > 1295211940

From: RADIAZ <>
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I1 in Spain (was: I1 AS9b Geographic Origins Results)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 13:05:40 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, that was a typo!!!

________________________________
From: Wm.Ballough <>
Sent: Sun, January 16, 2011 3:38:52 PM

XVIII Goths?
----- Original Message -----
From: "RADIAZ" <>
To: <>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2011 12:02 PM

This is a history blogger's post on Toledo in 1102 :

"But back to the conquest of Toledo. Clustered in the city of Toledo were
Mozarabic, Moorish, Spanish, French (francos) and Jews. Mozarabic were the
XVIII century Goths who had remained on land occupied by Moors and had
preserved their religion and rituals and even the laws governing them. Since
No
blood had been mixed with the Moors they were regarded as so noble and
Alfonso
VI had them in high regard after the capture of Toledo and proved it by
giving
them the city government (such as governors and judges) and allowing for an
exception, the use of the Mozarabic rite in the Roman time. The rest of the
people of Toledo, Moors and Jews, remained in the "Aljamas" (Arabic word
"al-yahud" meaning all people). The rest of the territory was colonized by
people coming from Galicia, Asturias, Navarre, Castile itself and France,
especially Gascony, Brittany and Provence "

http://antonioescalera.blogspot.com/2007/08/los-primeros-libros-en-castellano.html

The Galicia, Asturias and France of that time as well as the Goths are
possible
foci of I1 in my neophite humble estimation, just a thought.

Raimundo Díaz