Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2011-01 > 1295297209

From: "J. de H." <>
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I1 in Spain (was: I1 AS9b Geographic Origins Results)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:46:49 -0800 (PST)

TerryL

Perhaps you might want to take a look at this site where the results of at least 19 persons belong to the I YDNA haplogroup. It has two listed Group Administrators:  Dra. Ana Oquendo Pabón M D and

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Casa-de-Espana_HouseofSpain-DNA/default.aspx?section=yresults

In the Galicia YDNA results it includes a further 17 persons Group Administrator  is

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/GaliciaDNA/default.aspx?section=yresults

Lastly there is this one. For more information you contact Miguel A. Torrez

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/NewMexicoDNA/default.aspx?section=yresults

Spain was settled by the Iberians who so throughly assimilated with the Celts that it became the Celtiberian group, one tribal group,  the Milesians went to Ireland to settled there. Then came the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Greeks and Romans who were followed by the barbarian proto Germanic and Teutonic groups like the Visigoths, Suevi/Swabians who settled in Galicia, and the Vandals who settled in the south of Spain until defeated by the Visigoths they moved on to the northern part of Africa in present day Algeria and Morocco. Later, parts of Southern Spain was under the influence of the Byzantine Empire, and finally im 711 came the Arabs and Berber tribes. During the next 700 years the Reconquest took place, so many other men from different haplogroups joined the fight in the incessant strife, chiefly among these were the Franks, Vasconians/Gasconians who jponed with the Visigoths, Suevi who joined the native ethnic group known as
the Euskadi/Basque people, who have been identified with the Vascones and Aquitani.
This is a link for a Basque YDNA which includes a very small sampling of I haplogroup which also has   as Group Administrator

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/BasqueDNA/default.aspx?section=yresults

Perhaps this might help you broaden your sample group.

Sincerely
Joseph