Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2011-01 > 1295304823

From: RADIAZ <>
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] I1 in Spain (was: I1 AS9b Geographic Origins Results)
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:53:43 -0800 (PST)

Since you mention García, Aaron:

Trujillo, Extremadura (Spain) between Badajoz and Madrid, produced many of the
most noted conquistadores of America, including the Pizarro family.

What this has to do with I1? . My patrilineal i1 (predicted Un-1) comes from the
town of Trujillo, Puerto Rico. This town was founded on lands given by the
Spanish Crown to Alonso de Trujillo from Trujillo, Extremadura (Spain) in the
17th century according to most information on the web. At any rate I found this
website that could be very good for investigating Spanish-American history and
maybe geneaology http://www.paseovirtual.net/america/indianos7.htm.

I have a 37 -2 match with someone from Puerto Rico with a different surname so I
am not an isolated instance.

My YSearch # is 253C9

Back to García,

Diego García de Paredes (1466–1534), Spanish soldier and duellist, was a native
of Trujillo in Extremadura, Spain. He was mentioned in El Quixote.

This thread: