Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2011-09 > 1316655354

From: "Kenneth Nordtvedt" <>
Subject: [yDNAhgI] More L623+ L147+ Subhaplogroup of M223+
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 19:35:54 -0600

The brand new haplogroup L623+ L147+ I2a2a4, subhaplogroup of M223+, now has 5 snp-confirmed members but many more STR-indicated members.

I believe the subhaplogroup is even more broad than I originally described by STR attributes.

If you have all or most of the following and are within M223+

YCA = 20/21 or 21/21
388 = 12
DYS19 = 14
385 = 14/16
446 = 10
487 = 13

then I think you have a good chance of being I2a2a4 and will be L623+ and L147+. Both these snps are in the catalog.
If we are really lucky those with this extended motif will be derived for one and ancestral for the other!

Ken

This thread: