Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I-L Archives

Archiver > Y-DNA-HAPLOGROUP-I > 2011-09 > 1316821306

From: Ian Charold Herriott <>
Subject: Re: [yDNAhgI] Professor Eske Villadsen
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:41:46 -0800

Is the professor referred to actually Eske Willerslev? He has dine plenty
of high profile ancient DNA work... Never heard of an Eske Villadsen, but
Im sure there could be one...

Not sure where/if/why the term "purebred" has been used in regards to this
new story... I personally think even the casual use of that term is rarely
useful or appropriate in human genetics...in thus story there are certainly
implications of ancient admixture (with Denisovans) and a lack of more
recent admixture (with other modern human populations since colonization of
Australasia)... but wherefore "purebred"?

Also, what is the specific relevance of this news to haplogroup I?

Ian

On Thursday, September 22, 2011, Aaron Hill <> wrote:
> Please explain. Very confusing message. Who is this professor? What radio
program? What do you mean by purebred? I assume this is in refernece to the
story link you posted.

http://www.livescience.com/16182-australian-aborigine-genome-human-dispersal.html