YORK-L Archives

Archiver > YORK > 2001-04 > 0988649655

From: jean mccoy <>
Subject: [York] a big maybe
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:54:15 +0000

1295. York, John Hammer, Hannah 8 Jan 1801

If, whoever owns this couple, doesn't know Hannah Hammer's mother, it
may have been a White. I have found numerous Hamner/Hammers married
toWhites all the way back to Ireland. It is mostly spelled Hamner too.
The Loudoun Co Va Whites came down to Randolph Co, NC where a sister to
one of my line, Elizabeth White mar Jabez York
29th Oct 1800, and my Absalom White mar Phebey Adcock there in 1801.and
John Hammer mar Martha White on Oct 20, 1819 in Washington Co, Tn. Hope
this gives someone a clue. Jan

This thread: