YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2000-04 > 0954852294

From: Colin Hinson <>
Subject: Genuki Photos & updates.
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 13:44:54 +0100

Hi All,
Since my last posting giving updates for the Yorkshire Genuki pages and
asking if anyone had any photos of Churches around the county, several of
you have replied and sent me photos of churches for inclusion. As well as
these, I have also added to the Dewsbury page the burials that "Fozard" has
been posting (with her permission). As usual, the photos are linked to
from the appropriate parish page, the parish being given in brackets where
it is not the parish church.

The updates up to mid-day today (to be uploaded around 18.00 hrs) are:

Transcriptions:
By "Fozard"
Dewsbury Burials 1813 to 1822

Photos by Peter Watkinson:

WRY:
Sherburn in Elmet
Barkston Ash (Sherburn in Elmet)
South Milford. (Sherburn in Elmet)
Birkin
Brotherton
Cawood
Church Fenton
Fairburn (Ledsham)
Ferrybridge (Pontefract)
Hambleton (Brayton)
Lead (Ryther) (additional)
Monk Fryston - floodlit
Saxton

ERY:
Stillingfleet

Photo from Heather:
Wortley (Tankersley)

Photos from Mel Towler:
WRY:
Bisphop Monkton (Ripon)
Aldborough
Boroughbridge (Aldborough)
Farnham
Farnley (Otley)

NRY:
Appleton Wiske

Ainsty:
Askham Richard

Photos from Derek Hirst (Barnsely area):
WRY:
Darfield
Worsbrough (Darfield)
Worsbrough Dale (2) (Darfield)
Ardsley Crematorium Chapel (Darfield)
Royston
Monk Bretton (Royston)
Cawthorne
Cawthorne Methodist
Silkstone
Barnsley St Mary (Silkstone)
Barnsley St Edward (Silkstone)
Bannsely St Paul (Silkstone)
Dodworth (Silkstone)
Elsecar (Wath upon Dearne)
Penistone
Tankersley

David Prakel:
WRY:
Aberford
Bramham
Pannal

Ainsty
York, St Mary Bishophill the Younger

Many thanks to all those mentioned above. Do *you* have any more
(anywhere in the county is OK, but have a look at the appropriate parish
first in case there is already one on the Genuki Yorkshire pages.

Best wishes,
Colin Hinson

In the village of Blunham in Bedfordshire U.K.
Maintainer of the Genuki Yorkshire pages:
http://www.blunham.demon.co.uk/genuki/YKS/
Books on CD: http://www.blunham.demon.co.uk/CDroms/
Baine's Yorkshire, Bulmers East and North Yorkshire, History of Craven.
email:

This thread: