YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2001-06 > 0993360410

From: "Anne Newman" <>
Subject: Re: Where there's a Will............R002
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 06:26:50 +0100

Stephen Gill was the father of Susannah Gill, wife of William Wigglesworth
of Padside Hall. Thomas (mentioned in the will) was William's brother the
husband of a different Susannah Gill (whose ancestry I haven't yet traced).
The Yates family are also presumably linked to the ones you posted before
where Mary Yeates married John Wigglesworth. There are legacies to the Day
family in two consecutive Wigglesworth wills (both to Francis Day if I
remember right) and a legacy to an Ellen Parkinson in Robert Wigglesworth's
will of 1614 - however I think it possible that this is to the Parkinson's
of Flasby. There is another legacy in John Wigglesworth's 1639 will to
Zachary Parkinson who may be Ellen's son, I think it possible that Ellen
might have been Robert's sister - or some other relative. It would be
interesting to know if they were related to the Cragg Hall Parkinsons since
Gill Wigglesworth, grandson of the William I mentioned above, lived at Cragg
Cottage at fewston in the middle 1800s.

Anne