YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2001-08 > 0998429000

From: "johannawebster1" <>
Subject: Re: YORKSGEN-D Digest V01 #824 (Pubs in Sheffield)...GROUSE AND THREE TROUT.
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 22:23:20 +0100

hello,there,jim ond all the other folk who very
kindly responded to my question about THE GROUSE
AND THREE TROUT....i have some knowledge about
this particular hostelry,a photo showing the pub
with my ancestor standing outside with his name
over the door and the impressive stone sign sited
on the wall above....his name was JOHN
HASLAM.....i visited the region some years ago and
have photos of the stone sign and the grassy area
where this old pub once stood,but what i would
like to find out is some more of the history and
re;collections of the HASLAM family and the
history of the pub....who owned it?was it the
water board? and also details of the suicide of
the brother in law.THOMAS WEBSTER who drowned in
one of the three reservoirs...JOHN HASLAM was
married to EDITH the sister of my ggandmother
THIRZA WEBSTER does this ring any bells with
anybody on the list?does anybody have connections
with the HASLAMS and WEBSTERS of FULWOOD and
ECKINGTON thankyou,jim..very best wishes,johanna.

This thread: