YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2002-06 > 1024606690

From: "Ron Whiteley" <>
Subject: Re: [YKS] 1841 Census CD - West Riding
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:58:10 +0200

Marg ,

To capture screen images you could try a program like "Snagit", which allows
you to select an area of the screen and save it as an image file in one of
various formats (bmp, jpg, tiff, etc). This file can then be imported as an
illustration into any application that supports the file type. You can
download a trial version of Snagit from
www.techsmith.com/products/snagit/default.asp. The cost of the full version
is about $40. There are no doubt similar programs available that may be
cheaper. Maybe others have better options.

Regards,

Ron Whiteley
Arnhem, Holland