YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2002-09 > 1033154396

Subject: Re: [YKS] Is genealogy getting just TOO popular?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:19:56 EDT

Dear Roy

>However, an interesting thought has occurred to me. If, as we are
constantly being told, genealogy is the second most frequent user of
the Internet after pornography, how come we never hear porn
aficionados whining about not being able to access websites? Don't
they ever get overwhelmed with demand and crash, like the genealogy
sites? Perhaps they do and we never get to hear about it! <

Can you imagine the outcry from the the doogooders, Mrs. Whitehouses and
others if they did.

>Do porn
fans complain bitterly about not being able to access Fred and Maisie
Shufflebottom's live orgy in Heckmondwike, the Friday night Naughty
Knickers and Green Wellies Party in Cleckheaton, or those
well-developed Russian ladies who do strange and interesting things
with kitchen utensils in Novgorod Severskiy?<

Do let us in on your secret, we obviously haven't got the URL. Please could
someone do a look up on

' Friday night Naughty Knickers and Green Wellies Party in Cleckheaton' I'm
free on Friday.

Regards

Judy Jupar

This thread: