YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2005-03 > 1112190716

From: "K Hawley" <>
Subject: Calendar Girls
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:51:56 +0800

Hello Everyone,

I have just enjoyed the Calendar Girls movie for the second time. We hired it on DVD and my Aussie friends, who hadn't seen it before, went mad about the English scenery. I know the film is based on a true story - is Knapely an actual village? I told my friends that my ancestors, three generations ago came from Yorkshire, but Penistone may be nothing like the Yorkshire in the film. It really was stunning. None of us could read the credits at the end, I don't know if it said. And the video store had mislaid the box so it came in a plain one.

Kaye Hawley,
Perth,
West Oz.

This thread: