YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2005-07 > 1121105538

From: "Libby Seekings" <>
Subject: Re: [YKS] Re: Seton Parish of Thorne
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 14:12:18 -0400

> There is a Seaton near Sigglesthorne - could this be the one

Hi Sue

Thank you for that good suggestion. It could certainly be a case
of the vicar or parish clerk being hard of hearing.

The IGI does not have any Oxtoby events at Sigglesthorne
but he could have been working or apprenticed there before his
marriage. The couple had seven children baptized at Wetwang
between 1801 and 1811. I hope to find out more when I look at
the baptism details as Bapts. and Burials are recorded Dade
style at Wetwang between 1780 and 1812.

Thank you for you input and prompt response.
Regards
Libby
Ontario

This thread: