YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2005-11 > 1131799333

From: Bob Smith <>
Subject: Re: [YKS] Buckroyd
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:42:13 +0000

Jean Greenwood wrote:

>Bob
>
>My great aunt Edith Huddart (b Bolton lancs) married a James BUCKROYD in
>Leeds in 1912.
>
>I believe James was a widower with a daughter Jessie b 1911 who married
>Percy Shaw in Leeds 1932 and settled at Collingham.
>
>Any connection
>
>Regards
>Jean

Hi Jean
My Grandfather Harry SMITH married an Annie PAWSON
Annie's parents were Walter PAWSON and Mary Anne THACKRAY
Walter PAWSON's parents were James PAWSON and Jane BUCKROYD
I believe that Janes parents were William BUCKROYD and Mary Anne FORBES,
and Jane was born about 1821-1823
I haven't researched the BUCKROYDS any further in either direction as it
were,
but would be interested if there were a connection with yours.

All the best

Bob Smith

Farnborough

This thread: