YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2006-01 > 1136641121

From: "Jenny Cornelder" <>
Subject: RE: [YKS] Re;_ IGI.
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 23:38:41 +1000

From Richard:

> I use IE and don't have any problems with IGI and I didn't have a problem
> when I ran Norton. That said, I have uninstalled Norton because it was
> becoming a real pain in the you know what. It became so overly
> "protective"
> that it took control of my computer and slowed every process down to a
> totally unacceptable speed. Removing Norton and using alternative
> products
> removed my problems.

Thanks for that Richard. I previously ran Norton without a problem too, but
it was a simpler version without all the "bells and whistles". It was when
I upgraded to the complete version that I began to have problems. Anyone
who purchased a PC recently would probably have the full version.

When I reported the original problem of no Internet connectivity to Symantec
(Norton), they were willing to help me - for a fee!! Not bad since it was
their software that caused the problem in the first place!

I have also noticed how slow my PC has become. Don't think I will be
renewing my sub!!

Perhaps some Lister with an in-depth knowledge of computers can tell us if
Norton could be to blame and if we can reset it to fix the problem, 'cause I
would really like to be able to access the IGI without problems, as I'm sure
others would!

Jenny

This thread: