YORKSGEN-L Archives

Archiver > YORKSGEN > 2006-03 > 1141912334

From: "Sue Needham" <>
Subject: Re: YORKSGEN-D Digest V06 #170
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 13:52:14 -0000

I can only find 6 out of 16 Gr Gr Grandparents born in Yorkshire and a
couple born out of Yorkshire from Yorkshire stock.

I have:

Charles LORD Giggleswick 1800
Alice HALL Thornton in Lonsdale 1801
William WHITTAKER Cowling 1819
Mary BINNS Cowling 1831
Emma STANSFIELD Cononley 1826
Jane KNOWLES Arncliffe 1831

Then there is Frederick METCALFE born Blackburn 1825 only because his
Yorkshire parents were in Blackburn for mill work and James FIELDING born
Norfolk 1824 whoes father was born in Barnoldswick and subsequently moved
back to Yorkshire after the children were born. He appears to have gone to
Norfolk looking for work.

Still no prizes there though! Never really thought about it before so I must
admit I was suprised to find so few.

Sue
North Yorkshire